Quickshift Fitting Instructions
Quickshift Fitting Instructions (for rod change)
These fitting instructions are to be used as a guide when fitting any of the following parts – Mini Sport Quickshift Gear Lever Kit – Rod Change, Cooper Quickshift Gear Lever Kit & Paddy Hopkirk Quickshift Gearlever & Alloy Gearknob Kit.
- Remove original gear lever from the housing. Using vice grips, remove locating pins from the housing neck (Fig 1)
- Place new lever boss into position on housing and secure by tightening the two bolts on the outer edge into the two holes left in the housing neck. Locating pin to be positioned on the RH side of the car.
- Cut the original lever to allow removal of the nylon cup, washer and spring. Place the cup, washer and spring into position on the new lever.
- Place the bayonet cover over the nylon cup, washer and spring to the new lever boss, in the same way as the original lever wed.
- Check the selection of all gears. If you have a problem selection reverse gear, the spring under
You can also download a printer friendly version of the instructions by clicking here: Quickshift Fitting Instructions.
If you need any further assistance when fitting your Mini Quickshift, please get in touch with us on either 01282 778731 or firstname.lastname@example.org.